I’m struggling to activate Youtube on my iPhone, now running on firmware 1.1.3. When using firmware 1.1.3 this used to run just fine, but ever since I upgraded, it seems I no longer can use it.
I wasn’t exactly using it a lot, but it rankles me to have an application that is not working. So I’m looking for a fix.
So far, there seem to be some certificates that you can install from i.unlock.no. Just add this source link to your installer.app sources, and refresh. You can now see a folder unlock tools. However, the “Youtube activation” fix in there does not seem to help.
I’ll just need to continue looking, I’ll let you know when I find it.
[Update] It does work, with some extra mumbo jumbo. What worked for me was the following procedure. I don’t know if this you only part of these operations did the trick, or you need to do all of them. YMMV.
- First of all, you need to go into settings, general and disable ‘Auto-Lock’ (this seems to be required !)
- Connect it to iTunes via it’s cradle
- Install the Youtube Activation fix found under unlock tools
- If it wants to sync, let it sync with iTunes
- After that, still cradled, reboot the iPhone
Afterwards, out of the cradle and on wireless, I tried Youtube and it worked.
[Update] This link has a guide for firmware 1.1.4